Season 3- New Host?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Season 3- New Host?

Post  Survivor Bush on Mon May 03, 2010 3:29 am

Stevie wrote:Josh seems like a great guy but he is not a public speaker and should not host it. I am glad he decided not to. Josh, you need to find a drama student or someone very good at public speaking. They could do a good job and would take pride in it.

Up for the job??? Very Happy
Survivor Bush
Admin

View user profile http://www.survivorbush.com

Back to top Go down

Please reconsider

Post  BettisBo on Mon May 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Josh, you are a great host. Not a good host, not an ok host, but a great host. It is obvious that you love the series and love the game. I know you really want to play and I don't blame you, I want to play your game but it would just tarnish the series in my opinon. I've seen other fan-made survivor games where the former hosts decides to play and let me tell you, it gives off a weird vibe. First of all is the "insider information" since they know who will be cast that season and what twists or what not may happen. If not saying in this case but in other cases where the host playes, they tend to over-do it so that they can keep their series entertaining and attract more viewers. They also tend to be the center of the show since they are usually the most vocal and manipulative.

I just really enjoy this series and would hate to see it "be like all the rest" where the hosts plays and the series loses some of its flair. This is by far the best series out there and you should be proud of what you've done. please stay on as host. You should def. play the real Survivor, that would be the ultimate experience.

Thanks!

BettisBo

Back to top Go down

Post  BeauxMartin on Mon May 03, 2010 9:40 pm

I am really neutral in how I feel about this. I think that like any true fan you have a good thing going but you wanna experience the game too. It has to kill you to put on something you wanna be a part of, so it is hard to not blame you.

I also would have to argue though how it does disrupt the authenticity of the game, like the person before me said there is a lot of insider info you will know (what challenges are coming, that may influence how you vote), and not to mention camera people you know telling you information (not that I think you would actually do any of this, just points to bring up that people in the game may feel you have a major advantage.) and even if you do well and there were all star versions down the line (fans v faves or a hero/villain) could you come back and change hosts again so in essence wasting a spot for someone who wants to play?

I think there are equal pro/con to think about, and I am sure you have thought hard. I just wanted to speak my mind. I would rather see you stay as a host, but I would also love to play the game with someone who shares my eagerness. =]
BeauxMartin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lordyme123 on Mon May 03, 2010 10:47 pm

I support your decision Josh. I mean, who doesn't want to live out one of there dreams? It's not like you can't do many other seasons and it doesn't mean he HAS to come back for any other editions. If he does, I'm sure he'd plan accordingly. I'd think it'd be more of a challenge then an advantage for him anyway. People would go into it knowing that Josh knows a lot of these people and he knows the game and what it's like out there. So people will probably see him as a threat. But good luck Smile
lordyme123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Survivor Bush on Tue May 04, 2010 12:22 am

Everyone please just rest at ease.

I would not do anything that would make the show suffer. Don't forget, it's my baby! I wouldn't decide this unless I had faith in its quality.

Don't be fooled: Season Three will be above and beyond. Trust me.

This is not an impromptu decision, a lot of careful thought and planning went into it.

Sleep easy and prepare for the best fan-made Survivor to get even better. Smile
Survivor Bush
Admin

View user profile http://www.survivorbush.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeauxMartin on Tue May 04, 2010 12:52 am

Thank you survivor bush haha you have put me at ease. Looking forward to it..
BeauxMartin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum